BOCO HOUSE COREN 75CL BOTTLE
£26.00 (inc VAT)
A 75cl bottle of our debut wine, Boco by House Coren; a high-quality Charmat method sparkling wine made in West Sussex using top-quality grapes from England.
- Appearance: An iridescent kaleidoscope of pale, white peach. Clear with ultra-fine bubbles.
- Nose: Ripe pear and stone fruit with crisp citrus.
- Taste: Peaches, ripe pears, a hint of raspberry and a long, clean, citrus, and green apple finish.
- Blend: 42% Reichenstiener, 29% Chardonnay, 29% Pinot Noir
- Pairings: Fabulous with most dishes but especially good with shellfish, charcuterie, canapes and pizza. Also complex enough to hold its own as an aperitif
What is Charmat?
Unlike other sparkling wines from England, this high-quality wine is produced using the Charmat method, a technique where the wine undergoes secondary fermentation in sealed tank rather than bottle. Like the well-known Italian method of making sparkling wine, the secondary fermentation that occurs under pressure creates carbon dioxide and gives the wine its natural fizz. It is a method that has been rarely used in England. Until now.
Our adventurous approach means that by fermenting in tank rather than bottle, the wine can be released earlier, so it is bursting with fruit-driven flavours yet still showcases the crispness of grapes grown in England.
Boco [bo-co] (determiner)
Old West Sussex dialect meaning ‘lots of’/‘much.’ Derived from French, ‘beaucoup’.
This is wine is all about living life to its fullest and a toast to adventure. Boco!
Sign up to be the first to discover our emerging wine portfolio and news about exciting events at our vineyard